Geomatrix PLC is a private limited company registered and licensed in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to undertake consultancy services in four major development sectors
Geomatrix PLC is a private limited company registered and licensed in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to undertake consultancy services in four major development sectors, i.e., Water Resources exploration (ground and surface water), Geotechnical site investigations in civil infrastructure projects such as dams and tunnels/canals for hydropower, irrigation, city water supply, foundation studies in highway projects, such as bridges and high story buildings, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Mineral and Energy Resources exploration projects.
Scope of Services
Specific fields of consultancy services offered by Geomatrix include:
- Prefeasibility and feasibility studies for towns water supply and sanitation projects,
- Integrated regional and detail hydrogeological and geophysical mapping to locate well sites and determine the potential and chemical quality of the water source for towns, rural villages, irrigation projects for domestic and industrial purposes
- Integrated surface and borehole geophysical surveys for groundwater study
- Geophysical and geotechnical site investigations for water supply projects, hydropower, irrigation, highway, and environmental studies involving assessment and mapping of geo-hazard prone sites as well as Mapping of groundwater pollutants and recommendation of protective and mitigation measures.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities, tender document , supervision of water well drilling and construction, preparation of well design
- Engineering Design of water supply and sanitation systems for Urban and Rural towns and villages
- Environmental impact assessment and socio-economic analysis.
- Integrated regional and detail hydrogeological and geophysical mapping to determine the potential and chemical quality of water resources for villages, irrigation projects, domestic and industrial purposes.
- delineation and assessment of well fields for developing groundwater for water supply of towns,
- Engineering Design of water supply systems for Urban and Rural towns and villages,
- Supervision of Water well Drilling and construction of wells,
- Exploration of Mineral and Thermal Water,
- Integrated surface and borehole geophysical surveys for groundwater study Geotechnical Site Investigations
- Engineering geological/geotechnical site investigations
- Geophysical investigations including seismic refraction/tomography, 2D/3D resistivity imaging, high resolution magneto-telluric and Magnetic surveys
- hear wave surveys; Determination of Dynamic elasticity parameters and safe bearing capacity
- Régional and detail geological mapping
- Exploration for metallic minerals such as gold and base metals
- Placer gold exploration, feasibility study and preparation of mining plan
- Exploration of industrial minerals such as kaolin, silica sand, limestone, talc, etc.
- Exploration for construction and aggregate materials like basalts, granite, marble, dolerite, sandstone, etc.
- Gemstone minerals exploration, reserve estimation and consultancy of mining techniques of selected gemstones.
Geomatrix PLC owns modern earth science field and office equipment to undertake water resources exploration and development, geotechnical investigations, environmental studies, and mineral resources investigation. It includes modern Electrical (Resistivity/IP), Refraction/Reflection seismic, Electromagnetic (source controlled high & low frequency Magneto telluric) and magnetic and geophysical logging equipment.
In addition to the field equipment we have state-of-the art numerous professional software and computing facilities which are used in the data analysis and design activities. For very large projects we have strong links with many reputable American and European firms.
The company provides complete and integrated geophysical services to solve various geological problems including groundwater, mineral and geothermal resources exploration; geotechnical site investigations as well as geo-hazard assessment and environmental study. Geophysical methods employed include: Conventional and high resolution geophysical methods including: 2D/3D Resistivity imaging, Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES), Seismic refraction/tomography, high resolution magneto-telluric survey (for deep groundwater, mineral and geothermal resources exploration), magnetics, well logging etc. The following are some illustrative examples of the 2D -high resolution techniques results carried out by Geomatrix PLC for groundwater and geotechnical investigations.
The company is staffed with highly experienced professionals in the fields of geology, hydrology, hydrogeology, geophysics, Civil/hydraulic engineering, environment, irrigation and water resource engineering who have been working on various posts as government and Private consulting firm employees and senior consultants for the last twenty five or more years. It also counts with numerous senior associate professionals of reputable experience both in Ethiopia and abroad.
Water Resources Exploration and Water Supply System Design Geomatrix PLC provides services in the following major aspects of water resource exploration and development:
The following services are provided for dam, highway and bridge site investigations:
Mineral Resource Exploration
Geomatrix provides geological and geophysical services in mineral exploration projects which include the following:
Experience of Geomatrix PLC
Geomatrix PLC is currently one of the few National Consulting firms specialized in Geotechnical and water Resources investigations for medium to large scale projects. Since its foundation, Geomatrix PLC has completed various projects in the discipline of surface and ground water source investigations, water supply system design, irrigation and environmental management and many more including several projects in the geotechnical, energy and mineral resources sectors. Its services include geotechnical, geological, hydro-geological and geophysical investigations for ground and surface water resource investigation, geotechnical foundation studies for water supply dam, tunnel and reservoir studies and potential well site identification purposes.
Geomatrix PLC has successfully conducted various water sources studies and investigations using most recent techniques of Remote sensing, Aerial Photography interpretation, field survey, integrated hydrogeological and Geophysical investigations and well data analysis
Get in touch here
Around Megenagna Bole Subcity, Addis Ababa
+251 116 46 22 69 | +251 911 66 10 19
- Zip/Postal :
534 code 1250
No fax available.
- Web Address:www.geomatrixplc.net.et