The first and second line plants were established with long term loan secured from the development bank of Ethiopia and former East German Government plus a financial outlay from the treasury of Ethiopian government.
Mugher Cement factory is a state owned enterprise established with a purpose of producing and supplying cement and carrying out related activities that are important for the attainment of its objective. Initially it was Established with an authorized capital of Birr 334,716,000.00 /three hundred thirty four million seven hundred sixteen thousand birr / of which birr 257,516,000.00/ two hundred fifty seven million five hundred sixteen thousand birr/ is paid up in cash & in kind, is formed in 1999 through amalgamation of two formerly independent factories: i.e., Mugher Cement Factory and Addis Ababa Cement Factory.
The Factory is located about 90kms North West of the capital city, Addis Ababa, on the elevation of about 2450mts above sea level. The mother plant of the factory has three production lines with production capacity of 5000 tons of clinker per day. The first, second and third lines started operation in 1984, 1990 and 2011 respectively.
The first and second line plants were established with long term loan secured from the development bank of Ethiopia and former East German Government plus a financial outlay from the treasury of Ethiopian government. The third line plant total capital outlay was USD138.37million out of which USD 90.98 million was a loan secured by commercial bank of Ethiopia (CBE) from EX-IM (Export-Import) bank of china and loaned out to the factory. And birr 692million loan secured from the industrial development fund (IDF).
Addis Ababa Cement plant, formerly known as Addis Ababa Cement Factory, was built in 1964. Initially it had a production capacity of 70,000 tons of cement per annual. However following the obsolescence of the machinery and increase in the dust emission level which brought about pollution in the surroundings, the plant has been forced to stop production of clinker in 1996.Following this the previously raw mill has reconditioned into cement grinding plant by the factory engineers and now it can produce a minimum of 140,000 tons of cement per annual. This plant has two cement mills each with 12.5t/hr milling capacity.
To guarantee our customers utmost satisfaction and to promote national development by utilizing state of the art technologies and highly competitive workforce in manufacturing & marketing of cement products through operational efficiency, excellence and sustainability.
Vision – 2015 E.C. To be competitive cement producer in east Africa
• We are committed to clean production.
• We foster teamwork to achieve excellence.
• We value most the opinions of our customers as they are critical to our success.
• We strive to sharpen our customer focus and achieve excellence.
• We strive to create an empowered management and workforce with a high sense of ownership.
• We pursue transparent, responsible & cost-efficient work processes.
• We believe a competitive, committed & productive workforce underpins our success.
• We always maintain good relations with our stakeholders
• Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC)
• Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
• Pozzolana Cement(PC)
• Portaland Limestone Cement (PLC)
• Low Heat of Hydration Cement based on customer order
• Valved paper sacks
• Pure limestone
• Silica sand
Get in touch here
No address available.
+251-11-237-90-90 | 33
- Zip/Postal :
- Web Address:http://www.mughercement.com.et